Information literacy and critical thinking skills.
These modules can be adapted for use from ECE to tertiary settings.
This is an age of information overload, there is no doubt about it. We are bombarded with more information in the course of one day than an average person encountered in a lifetime 200 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with this, but we do need to teach our students how to deal with this deluge of information in order to get the best from it.
W.E. can give you strategies to teach your students
- how to find information effectively and efficiently
- how to verify, validate and evaluate information
- how to verify a source, taking into account the author’s purpose and credentials
- what to do with the information once they have found it
- how to sift the important from the irrelevant
- note-taking strategies