Whoever said “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” had clearly never met a teacher!
We are constantly learning – and rightly so, for it is difficult to instill a love of learning in our students if we do not love learning ourselves. And as the world of education continues to evolve and change with ever-increasing speed, it is sometimes necessary to stop and reflect on what we know, what we do and how we teach.
W.E. has a range of workshops for classroom teachers to help you find or regain your feet in the swirling waters of the education world. Don’t feel like you’re drowning in the sea of buzzwords and curriculum changes – W.E. can help you wade to the other side.
- Portfolio creation for Teacher Registration
- Portfolio creation for ACET applications
- Maths Cafe
- Information literacy and critical thinking skills.
- Inquiry teaching and learning
- Out and About – using your community for inquiry
- Modern Learning Environments and Pedagogy
- The intelligent classroom – brain-based learning at its best.
- Thinking tools (including Hyerle’s Thinking Maps)
- Formative assessment
- Differentiated learning
- Collaborative and Co-operative teaching and learning
- Terrific teams – communicating effectively with your Teacher Aide/Support Staff