Do you find
- the range of assessments used in your school to be a little bewildering?
- people around you talk about summative and formative assessments – and just expect you to know the difference?
- assessment can be a time-consuming add-on in your practice?
- you use a raft of standardised tests that leave you drowning in data?
- your students have little input into their assessments beyond filling in the tests?
- the data you get is sometimes relevant and helpful to your teaching, but sometimes not?
Formative assessment is a vital part of any teacher’s repertoire, and W.E. can help to unpack the assessment conundrum so that you have a better idea of the tools available, the purposes behind them, and which ones are most useful for you at the moment.